View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: The Mouth Article @ Cardplayer

[ QUOTE ]
MM: Online poker players are the worst poker players in the history of mankind. I play against really bad players who just give their money away. Guys put in $13,000, $14,000 when they can’t beat anything. Only online do you see that. That can never happen in a live game. I crush the no-limit online.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MK: I remember hearing that you had been having some serious swings just prior to the Series, that you had gotten ahead $750,000 online and lost back most of it.

MM: That’s true. One of the biggest mistakes I made was playing online during the World Series. Whenever I got knocked out of a Series event — which was every one I played in up till the championship — I would go home, go online, and play $50-$100 no-limit. It was a game in which you could lose $30,000 or $40,000 a day. My friends eventually came by and took away my keyboard and mouse. But I was f---ing jonesing. [Playing online poker’s] an addiction, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm sure most of the guys "crushing" the 50-100 games go on 75 buy in downswings...