View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: What should happen to the New Orleans looters?

Are you talking about the authorities or about private citizens responding to looters. IMHO the authorities are too busy to worry about looters, but if they have evidence such as film etc. they definitely should prosecute after things get more under control.

As a citizen I would protect my home/family with deadly force. If someone came along and asked for help, shelter, or whatever, no problem come on in. If a group of rowdy violent looters came along and looked like they wanted into my house I would tell them to pick another house. If they keep coming I start shooting. No f'ing way am I letting them into my house with my gf or whatever family is there. Even if I lived alone I wouldn't let them in.

If I just see random looters running down the street with TVs, couches, etc, I wouldn't care.

If I was a business owner I would've cleaned it out best I could and I would be at my home. I wouldn't care about my business.

Most likely I would've left town, there are only a few things in my house that I care about.