View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Who are the scariest shorthanded 20/40 players at Party? (Likely L

[ QUOTE ]
*whine whine LC post go home etc etc*.

How's the 20/40 gris? I'm finally feeling like the 10/20 is my playground, but I'll likely be camped here for awhile since I need the "reliable" income. Is it significantly different?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is freakin' crazy. Even the fish regularly pwn me postflop. It's as though everyone is bluffing at exactly the theoretical rate they should ala Theory of Poker. It's VERY easy to dump lots of bets fast if you get impatient, but on the other hand retreating into your shell and not bluffing ever doesn't seem like a valid strategy, especially when the games are 3-handed and 4-handed (as they often are).

In other words, I love it. The 10/20 seems like the Paradise 1/2 5-handed games after you've played the 20/40. (I've only put in ~7k hands total or so at the 20/40, so I'm definitely not a veteran. Just giving my initial impressions.)

I still play more 10/20 than 20/40, but . . . well, this month I'm going to aim for an even split.

Ah, one big drawback: tables filling up after you've taken some beats but have finally gotten a bead on your opposition. Sorry, but full ring is toooo damn slow.