View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: New Pokerroom Rate Structure?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... they seem to have increased the % but lowered the cap. Since the max cap is still $3 (as previous) but also not more than one big blind this should mean a lower rake at lower limits (where the big blind is under $3). At $0.50/$1 the max rake is suddenly just $0.50... Also the heads-up rake seems a lot lower than before.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT lower. I don't understand all the fuss. If you guys read the actual chart, more hands will be raked (I don't see a no flop, no drop rule, for instance), and the rake at each cut-off point will be high, but the cap on ANY pot is one big blind, max $3. So if you are playing a 2/4 table, you'll never see a $3 rake. Ever. At 10/20, the biggest rake is $3, which you'll see on any pot of $40 or more.

It does mean the lower limits can't clear bonuses. A .25/.50 table will never be raked at .50, so you'll never get any points. A .50/1 table can only clear a half a point at a time, and they'll only do that if the pot is $6 or more.

I'm sorry, but you guys need to read before you start grousing. It isn't clear to me at all that this will increase the total take for PR.