View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Importance of early level play in an SNG

[ QUOTE ]
Should I think about making plays in LP, say at Level 2 where I can pickup 45 chips? I've been thinking about blind stealing on the button figuring it has to be +EV w/ all the fish at the $10s given my position and (likely) post-flop advantage in skill.

Would love to hear any thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, as a rule, I don't blind steal until at earliest the 3rd level, often the 4th level. I think the chips that you pick up are not worth the metagame damage you are doing to yourself, as far as stealing blinds further down the road goes.

As for earlier level play... I think it has to do with playing more hands in position (AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, suited connectors), looking to either find a flop you hit hard or find a flop no one else hit at all.

I don't know. I am just a middling, cashout happy 11/22s player. I know that I really enjoy playing these types of hands early (in position) because I like to play a little bit of poker, and I *think* whatever hit my ROI takes from it (and I admit, it likely takes a slight hit -- I'm not that good yet) is more than made up for by hopefully learning to play postflop a bit. Not to mention the fact that, since its the 11s/22s, your ROI can take a nice hit and still do ok =).