View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Importance of early level play in an SNG

[ QUOTE ]
I would be fascinated to hear what "early level play" we are talking about here?

I essentially toss everything other than 22+ or AQ+ in Levels 1 through 3, depending on the usual things like position, stacks, etc. 22-99 I play for set value, limping, folding to anything other than a re-raise, and folding the flop if it doesn't hit or isn't over top pair. TT and JJ I play for more than set value, but very carefully and cautiously. QQ-AA I play aggressively and am willing to bust out with these hands early, depending on flop. AQ I'm very careful with, often folding pre-flop. AK lately I have been pushing with any significant pot to get pre-flop. If not, 3xBB raise w/ c-bet and throw away thereafter.

Is this considered "early level play"? Or, is this standard SNG super tight play? What areas should I look at expanding into? Should I think about making plays in LP, say at Level 2 where I can pickup 45 chips? I've been thinking about blind stealing on the button figuring it has to be +EV w/ all the fish at the $10s given my position and (likely) post-flop advantage in skill.

Would love to hear any thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same question.