View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 AM

Default The definition of LAG

I'm starting to get concerned about the overuse of LAG in this forum. LAG is the "new black" if you will, it's fashionable and cool. What kind of VPIP and PFR #'s makes you a lag?

If you are playing 6 person and have numbers like 22/12, is that really considered loose aggressive?

My numbers over the last 7k hands are 31/16 and pokertracker calls me "Semi-Loose Aggressive"...so based on that definition, 22/12 can't be loose, can it?

It seems like 22/12 numbers are common among many of the posters here, and I suspect many of you play more aggressively postflop with draws and marginal hands than I do.

With 31/16, I have been raising a bit more preflop, and seeing more flops in general, betting with any sort of draw or pair on the flop, and then slowing down when I get played with. Unless I have a good hand, in which case, I almost always seem to get great action. Does this make me a LAG? Or to be a true LAG do I need to be making crazy turn checkraises with bottom pair or gutshots? Should I be?

What kind of PT aggression numbers are you guys sporting? If I recall, mine is around 1.9. I play 6max, do you get a different set of numbers playing full tables?

I'd like to hear some different people weigh in on this...