View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Theory Quiz (Limit Holdem)

[ QUOTE ]

1) 5s 7c 9s

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone feel that, against 3 opponents, holding AsQs here would be better? Against 3 opponents, you should be given very good odds to chase the NF. Sure, you don't have the straight, but you've got two overs and the nut flush draw leaving the Ks out there for anyone holding KX of spades to pay you off.

Is there any difference, if, on the river, the structure is suddenly changed to NL? Holding 68s here will surely probably win you more in the long run than AQs, but say if the river could be a NL betting structure, would any of you change your answer to AsQs? I probably would.

Imagine calling down against multiple opponents, and hitting the nut flush on the river, and just pushing all in. High probability that 1 person calls. Of course this game would s*ck for people playing top two, etc. Interesting thoughts though from everyone. This is something I practice when I play 1 or 2 tables at a time. Look at each flop and try to determine what the BEST TWO CARDS to be holding are. It's good practice.