Thread: Bubble A9 hand
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Bubble A9 hand

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, at least through the 33s and unless I know otherwise, I hate assuming my opponent is a thinking player who correctly takes his or her odds into consideration. We've all seen enough bad folds to know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough and I see your point. Still (and perhaps this is a leak in my own game) I don't like making this push with ~9BB's if the blinds aren't going up for a couple more orbits. In my own mind its close and I don't have the luxury of running this through SNGPT from work, but I digress. If I push over the top here I'm assuming this is going to a showdown. Yes, I've seen plenty of bad folds at the lower limits, but based on that assumption alone and the stack sizes, I'd still fold.

Wait for a better spot where I can be first to act and steal blinds aggressively, IMO. Like I said, its close for me instinctively in my mind, but I'd almost rather push with any two from the SB or button next orbit than call here with ~9BB's.

Edit: [ QUOTE ]
He had raised my BB the two previous orbits

[/ QUOTE ]

If the OP has a read that the button is raising his blind with a very loose range, its a clear push for me. I am looking at things from a more mathematical perspective without any reads.