Thread: Bubble A9 hand
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Bubble A9 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a strong read, I fold this and wait for a better spot. Button has bet about 25% of his stack and is getting slightly better than 2.5:1 on the call if you push over the top of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, at least through the 33s and unless I know otherwise, I hate assuming my opponent is a thinking player who correctly takes his or her odds into consideration. We've all seen enough bad folds to know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty strongly offset by the fact that people in the 11s and 22s just like to call a lot, especially after they've raised. Also, they can see a small pet and a big pot; they're very aware of that. They may not have insta-call when getting better than 2-1 on an AI that NL cash game players have, but theirs might be even looser. The exception to this is if he 1) has total garbage like 9/2 or worse and 2) is a player that forgets that 9/2 wins sometimes.

I don't think we should be playing expecting bad folds; I think we should just be happy when we get them and POed when we see another shorty get one.