View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Poll: VPIP table Average you look for.. or no?

[ QUOTE ]
I do that too but I'm a nit and don't post until the stats come up and I know it's a good table.

interesting thoughts on just worrying about the 2 behind and the one in front. you just look for the worst players as possible behind you and someone not too aggressive in frnot of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, that's generally it. Even if that guy to my left is 50/30 (obviously shitty) I simply find that playing against him is too hard. I can't play my game and have to adapt to him. If I isolate he is going to 3-bet too often and put too much pressure on me. Yah, yah, I know I can check raise him, but in general I have to adapt my play to him instead of the other way around. I want to be in control.

I also don't like it when I have a really good TAG on my left who isn't afraid of playing back at me lots.

Other than that I'm just a little bit picky. If both the guys behind me suck I don't care about who is on my left. If the guy directly to my right is really bad I also probably don't care much about the other guy on my right or the guy on my left. I am happy to have one of these guys to my right play really bad poker.

If the guy two to my right is bad, and the guy one to my right is a TAG who is isolated freely, and the guy to my left is also good then I'm out of there.

I think you know what I'm getting at.

I'm just taking this table selection thing seriously in the past month and a half but at 10/20-6 max I think relative seat position is very very important. Sometimes I make do without this and play at marginal tables but I am always aware of when I am in a bad spot and will leave a table fast.