Thread: Fear of success
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Fear of success

i never really understood it when people say they have a fear of success, nor do i really believe in it for the most part. it doesnt make sense to me. the only times when fear of success makes logical sense despite it being illogical of course is if the person is afraid that success might have others pressure him into working harder or maintaining more success. a better description of this fear in my opinion is fear of pressure.

i doubt thats the case here.

youre probably afraid of failure, but that doesnt seem appropriate here since you often tilt away a big stack in a tournament. maybe you are afraid of failure so you intentionally blow your tournament life just so that way you can say "eh i dont care anyway."

bottom line is that these posts on the psychology forum bother me. you get all these replies from people trying to be helpful giving candy advice. in truth, the best advice someone could give you about your problem here is to just stop playing like a retard. its a choice you make. you either tilt or you dont.