View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Dammit Paul! Yer not making it easy for us to worship you.

It's hilarious that people want to act like this is Watergate or something.

PP stated his opinion that it was likely that Wittelles made the post in question.

After reading the post, I'd have to agree with him. The "anonymous" poster seemed intent on doing two things:

1) Making the point that he was just some random guy making a post, and

2) Going out of his way to take Wittelles' side on every issue imaginable.

Oh by the way, he also did this in a writing style that seemed similar to Wittelles.

Now think about a couple of points here. First, who feels compelled to go out of their way to say that they are just an anonymous guy who is making a post? That itself is suspicious. Add to that the fact that Wittelles' behavior on the broadcast was really idiotic. I mean, if you're going to look at it with any objectivity, for all his rationalizing about being prodded by the people at ESPN, there's no getting around the fact that he came off like a jagbag. I'm sorry, but that point can not even be debated.

Add to that what is also just as obvious: Wittelles seems to have an obsession with his own image and with defending himself on internet forums. I mean, for God's sake, when have you ever heard someone on ESPN say that they can't wait to see what is going to be said about them on internet forums???

The bottom line is that it is very reasonable in light of all this to assume that Wittelles was the anonymous poster. I also think that as much as he protests, he loves all this attention that he's getting, whether it's positive or negative. And to those who are OUTRAGED that PP would state his opinion on this subject without concrete evidence, lighten up. For one thing, he's likely correct, and for another, it's just poker, for chrissake. Get some perspective.