View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Wow... we need details on this hand

[ QUOTE ]

There is one hand I probably overplayed but I'm not too broken up about it. Jennifer Harman is constantly raising my blind from late position. She has about 130K, I have about 180K. Par at this point is maybe 60K so we both have large stacks. I call her 4500 raise in the big blind with TT. The flop comes T92. I bet 9000 and she raises to 29000, leaving her with 94K. I move it all-in and she finds a way to lay down aces. Looked at from one perspective this is an egregious waste of a 10-1 favorite, but instead I'll give her credit for a monster laydown... one she might easily not have made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, any re-reraise at this point undoubtly means a set of 9's or 10's. You don't simply want to call; you need to score the money right there, it's too big and important. Only an all-in from her is worth the possible suckout. I don't really know if you would want her to call the all-in right there, because after you score that 29k you are already in a great position in the tournament. If you need at least a couple hundred k more to the final table, then a nice piece of acting to make her call would really be prefered, although I'd have no idea how to re-reraise all-in to Harman and not showing my cards painted on my forehead.