View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Stealing From McDonalds

[ QUOTE ]
I worked at Kum and Go (gas station) during high school and I used to give my friends 2 for 1 cases. Turns out that someone else was doing the same thing with cigarettes and they eventually got caught. The missing beer was blamed on him and I stopped doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine in college worked at a grocery store back when they still used actual coupons insted of this "Advantage Card" crap. Anyway, most of the coupons were good for up to, say, four items. So we would buy one box of cereal, but the coupon would get scanned four times. (Cereal coupons were the best because it was like $2 off or something.)

That's one $4 box of cereal, with $8 in savings taken off the total.

Do this with a few coupons, factor in some things not getting scanned at all (like salmon, the case of beer on the bottom of the cart, etc.) and you end up with four or five bags of good stuff for about $15.

(Once my friend said he went a little nuts on one order and a guy with a cart jam-packed with groceries ended up paying $4. He had to rush the guy out so the people behind him in line wouldn't notice.)

Anyway, next to knowing a bartender, a grocery store connection is the best resource a college guy can have.