Thread: Chips in the UK
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Chips in the UK

Wombie,

You didn’t mention any details regarding a budget. If your budget allows for better chips I would not hesitate in recommending chips from The Poker Chip Company Ltd. They make two styles of clay chips that are both outstanding in quality and moderately priced. For a few cents more per chip you can add words or a monogram. They feel good, sound good, and stack well. I prefer style #1003 but their only other clay chip (sytle#1006) is fine also. You might have several stores send you samples so you can make an informed decision.
Style#1003
Styel#1006

If your budget is like mine then you might want to look at the Deluxe Dice chips that are also known as Faux Clay chips. I needed lots of chips my poker business and have not regretted purchasing these. The plain colored chips do not impress my clients when we start a tournament but by the end of the night I always have comments like ”These are pretty nice chips”. They are certainly nothing to look at but the feel good, sound good, and stack pretty well. Of course the clay chips above are much better and I would choose them if I were able to. On the other hand I would also choose the Faux Clay chip over the cheap dice sets. I hated mine so much I gave them away and had to go for a while without chips. Below is a link to a chip store with fair pricing so you can see what the Faux Clay looks like. Purchase wherever you get the best overall price.
Faux Clay Chips

Be careful purchasing on Ebay. You can purchase chips very cheap but have shipping and handling charges that are through the roof.

Cheers