View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: HU battle history - I think this should be really interesting...

In hand 2, I'm probably check/calling the turn and leading the river. Not only does this cover for when I'm bluffing a missed draw, but it probably gets the most out of his mediocre made hands. I think HU in a blind defense scenario he is unlikely to take a free card on that turn with a hand like TJ, but if he does I'll probably check the river too and call a bet.

I don't like hand 3. I think you're trying to outplay him here, and I think you'll end up outplaying yourself more often than not, and I know this because it's what happens to me. I think villain is often bluffing the turn here with a better hand, and I think that he has such high equity against you that this line is pretty poor, IMO.

Hand 4: Well, he's obviously trying his best to represent the flush. The problem of course is that you're drawing dead if he does have it, and you're not necessarily way ahead if he doesn't, because I'll warrant you'll see QxK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here or basically any hand with a spade and a 4 or 5 is also possible. I don't think he's the type to just bluff with no equity whatsoever, and given that you have no spades you're sitting on only about ~70% here against his bluffs.

Now IMO the main problem is that after Hand 3 (and I'm assuming other hands as well), he sees that you don't often give him credit for a hand, and so I think he could easily be betting a flush, better A or even 45 here and looking for a heroic call.