View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: HU battle history - I think this should be really interesting...

TWP:

I think I need to just send you the commission check. I have read this post through twice, and it looks to me like this is poker on a level at which I can only dream of playing. Bearing in mind my relative (to you) inexperience, here goes:

You asked if anybody pushes the turn in hand three, where you have the pair of nines. I sure as hell don't. I would auto-fold the flop bet most of the time. With this player, maybe not, but my alternative to folding that flop is raising that flop, and god only knows what happens after that. But, no, I don't push the turn. I understand your logic, but your logic is premised on him having nothing to the exclusion of having anything at all. If you are that certain of your read (I guess you were, since you kept betting) then, yeah, pushing makes sense. But no way in hell I can bring myself to do it unless I am dead bang certain I am ahead. Potting it protects you well enough, doesn't it? If he has 6 outs, he is being aggressively stupid (or just plain aggressive) to call that bet.

OK, hand 4:

I think your decision here to call his all-in is based primarily on the way he uses his raises. Based on the hands you have provided, he uses big raises when he wants to push you off a pot and smaller ones to suck you in. So his all-in looked like he wanted you out, right? Based on the information you have provided, I call, too.

(Now you can tell me how much I have to learn. Nice post, thanks).