Thread: J2o in BB
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 AM

Default J2o in BB

$40-80 at Bay101. It was a daytime game, full, and limpy loose. I was in the big blind with J2o when this hand amused me. Two players limped and the small blind folded and I checked. Already this was the smallest pot of the day.

The flop was AK3 rainbow. I bet. They both had J-10 so they both called.

The turn was a ten. I checked. They checked.

The river was a queen giving everybody the nuts.

Watch this.

I checked. The next guy (TNG) looked to his left and he saw that the other guy (TOG) was going to bet. So TNG checked, and TOG bet. Meanwhile I’d been looking at TNG and I couldn’t tell what he had. I called TOG’s bet and now here comes TNG with a checkraise. Then TOG smoothcalled TNG’s raise which meant either 1) TOG had a jack and he was hoping to suck me into overcalling without one, or 2) TOG didn’t have a jack and he was making ill-advised decisions on the river again.

I made it three bets just in case number two was true. TOG called my reraise, making this the third smooth-call-going-for-the-overcall of the round. Everybody got to do one. In counterclockwise order. Same with the checkraises.

So now the bidding was back to TOG. He capped it at seven no trump. I called, TNG called, and we all tipped.

Tommy