View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: HU battle history - I think this should be really interesting...

Well, I'm going to comment on a few of the hands/things in this post. Nice post, btw. I would expect nothing less with effing 5K before this one. Nerd [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. However, one thing you neglect to show is how he bets with a real hand. You have shown CR's and raises, but no plain value bets or bets with monsters.

First, I think you are remembering the hand from a few months ago more than villain likely is. This post really feels like you want to justify a call here on the hand in question.

Second, I think I hate your push in hand two. I would really rather see a call of this min-raise, and re-evaluate UI on the river, especially given your read of him on a draw, which I honestly don't see. You went from putting ~$35 into the pot to putting ~$180 on what seems like a whim. Maybe I am being results oriented, but why are you pushing him off of a draw that he already priced himself out of? I'm not necessarily willing to give this hand up, but I think you might see a cheap showdown if you call turn, check river.

Hand 3, I don't push turn at all. I like how you played it, and I also check behind on the river. I do understand your point about a pretty clear 6-ouer that you won't be able to see when it hits. I guess if you have the read on him, I would say go for it, but it is clear from this thread that you don't necessarily have him read yet. Hence, I play this one more cautiously.

As for the hand in question, can I ask what you have him read for there? Personally, I don't like the turn bet. I would check behind here, as I am not interested in playing a big pot with a 3-flush on board and a weak ace in my hand.

Sorry if this post is long and awful. I am a bit rusty, as I haven't played or posted in well over a month. I'll work back into mediocre shape soon enough. Oh, and I have been trying to diversify my game into tourneys a bit lately, so this ring game stuff might take a bit of getting used to again.

-T [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]