View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Some hand content, and seeking some advice

Hand 1:
I make it 200 preflop -generally 3xBB adding 1xBB for every limper. I bet the flop to the tune of 200. I don't like giving free cards when the board is draw heavy. The way you play i might check behind on the river, but that's read dependent

Hand2:
I'm betting the flop and if i didn't i'm not folding the turn getting like 6-1. Your hand might still be good and that's why we bet the flop.

Hand 3:
I like the push
Hand 4:
Standard
Hand 5:
Is well, borderline. I'd prefer to have some hand here or to have a read that this guy can lay down 77 to a raise like that. It's not something i would try at a low buyin where you might be looked up by something like 77.

In general- you have to be good to be able to mix up your play. If sirio raises 32s UTG it's because A)the players he plays are likely to be thinking, rather than donks and B) he's a solid post flop player. Not saying that you aren't or can't be but he's well... good.
Generally ABC play works fine in tournaments. Most MTT posters a solid ABC players but they pick the right spots- this is based mainly on reads which as you play more you get more used to making and relying on them. Just work on it and see why that play worked/ didn't work and you should be fine

Firefly