View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: maybe interesting steal gone somewhat wrong 5/10

I feel like you want to go for the fold, and leave the open-ended as a backdoor if you don't get the fold. The question becomes how do you put the most pressure on your opponent, given that his possible range of hands is likely AA KK or QQ or possibly AK, which are all difficult to get someone to fold on that board. Also, what move helps you rep AA the most. I disagree with the poster who said that people will always put you on a big hand when you re-raise big pre-flop. I think this move has become more and more common online and alot more players are suspicious of it.
All-in on the flop does seem radical, but It does apply alot of pressure. The check raise all-in is a good idea against strong players, but in my experiance most weaker players won't fold to it as often as you think they should.

I also like the argument that a fold might be too hard to get and that any betting will be committing yourself to a hand that is not a favorite. The pot is big, but it is not worth dying for, write it off as a failed steal attempt and hope he gives you free cards.