View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Washington Post Poker Players/Tax/IRS Article...

[ QUOTE ]
Almost makes you want to call them up and say, "Hey, I've got ten keys of blow coming in next week. What'll be the price on the tax stamps for that?"

I would seriously like to know how many of those they sell each year...

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell none. Obviously. What they do is take a guy whose been busted and pile on. Got any assets at all? Watch em disappear.

At the kansas rate, note that an ounce of cocaine will run you about 5600 in taxes. Once you're arrested for the possession, and (before the trial and conviction) they can start coming after you for this money. Oh, and don't think that they don't include interest and penalties...

Note, a Kilo in Kansas will run you two hundred thousand dollars in taxes. If you pull 15 years in a Federal Pen, though, I have no idea if you've escaped the satute of limitations...

Oh, and that's 200,000 thousand dollars every three months, by the way. So snort it fast...

--Zetack

Edit: the state I live in is much more forgiving at only about one/fourth the amount for cocaine (although a similar rate as Kansas for other illegal drugs) the tax doesn't kick in until you posses seven grams, you don't have to buy a new tax stamp every three months, and subsequent owners of the cocaine do not have to pay the tax if a previous owner has paid the tax. What sweethearts...