View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: A semi-interesting hand

I don't like re-raising the likely big pair here. Some reasons:

1. It may not get it heads up. One or two people already called the completion. Even a 3-bet by the original bettor is unlikely to get them both out.

2. The pot is currently only about $18 (assuming there were 2-coldcallers). Assuming everyone but the raiser folds, I will be getting about 3-1 on my money ($10 to win $30). However, the rake/jackpot/tip will take $6. Even if everything works out as planned, it is still only mildly profitable. I don't want to build a giant pot with the second best hand in this structure. Maybe in 15-30, when the rake is smaller.

Your point about the door card is important. I think that it is pretty much always a fold if the open pair includes the door card. For discussions sake let's assume it wasn't the door card.

Assuming the paired player has two small pair, and the raiser has naked pocket Aces, should you continue?

I think it really depends on how live everyones hand is. From some twodimes simulations, if my hand is completely live, I can approach 30% equity, which dictates a call. If my hand is fairly dead, I can get down into the low 20s. If I assume 25%, I'm putting in $24 (assuming I make at least Jacks up) to win $32+$24+24-6=$72

Actually, that is almost enough to call, even with a moderately dead hand. Assuming I can save a bet occassionally when behind and make a bet when ahead, I should be able to come out slightly ahead here.