View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Were these the correct plays?

Hand #1: with a flush draw, gutshot straight draw and two overcards, you might have up to 18 outs. However, that all-in is unlikely to be one pair. If it's a straight, your overcards are worthless and one of your gutshot outs is gone, leaving 11 outs. two of which might be to a tie. If it's a set, you only have 8 outs to the flush plus the 3 gutshot outs, so 11 outs again, but he'll have redraws. Of course he doesn't have to have a set or straight. All things considered, you probably just about have odds to call, but it's close, and that's assuming all your outs are clean.

I would fold and fight on. You haven't invested much and this is both a close decision and a draw: two good reasons to muck.

Hand #2 is a nightmare. You don't want to wait too long and you'd like to take the initiative, but 83o really is bad and you probably can't raise him off the pot anyway. If you double up now you'll have about 7000 I think, versus 5800 if you do it next hand. I think it's worth waiting, but next hand you're committed whatever, with 1275 of your 2900 in the pot before you begin. You're almost bound to get something more hopeful than 83o though.

Guy.