View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Do I have issues?

[ QUOTE ]
But how, how will I achieve these goals with this dam 9-5 job, all these bills, and a high maintenance wife like I have? Don't I have to run away from these things to realize my goals?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the better question is:
Where would I be if I realized my goals but ran away from all those close to me to get there?

I can't answer your question, but I certainly can answer mine, and I think that's what you have to do, just like countless others who reached their goals only to look back at those people that were destroyed in the process. And, of course, the major destruction occurred in themselves.

Why not level with your lady? If you haven't communicated (and I mean DEEPLY) with her about the importance of this goal, why not do it now? Tell her how it feels and how excited you are. See if you can't reach some kind of compromise. If you can somehow involve her, and if she can be your cheerleader, think of how great that could be.

Don't expect her to completely give in though because she won't. But if you involve her in the decision, you'll be light years ahead of "My Way or the Highway". If she really loves you, and it sounds like she does, she WILL allow you to go for it assuming, of course, that you keep her #1 and that you continue to be a winning player and that you live up to your side of whatever agreement you reach.