View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Do I have issues?

[ QUOTE ]
I've always been very competitive in life. Was on the football and wrestling teams in H.S. and top of my class in undergraduate. I even chose to go to the toughest grad. school in my field just for the challenge and prestige. Now I am entering the poker world, been playin 1.5 years and all I want in life is to be the very best at it. I've won well over 40K since starting and my abilities grow every day. My major problem is fatigue (have started exercising and eating better) and tilt, but not understanding of strategy. I'd venture to say that if I could get my wackjob brain in its optimal form consistently, both B. Greenstein and D. Negreanu would suffer to me on the felt. Long story short, my life has changed significantly since poker entered it. Now I have no aspirations in my current job (I make good $) and my marriage/social life is practically ruined. Scary thing is, I don't even care. I just want to pursue my poker project and become the best. Never really liked being married anyway. Now I am thinking of quitting my job and completely indulging myself in the game to become the best. After playing in the WSOP this year, I realized that I have the tools but would have to completely marry this game to be at a professional level of play.

Do I sound like a guy headed for disaster? Do I sound f-ed up?

Thanks in advance,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are at least questioning the type you lifestyle you are current leading is a good start. Prioritize. Evaluate what is truly important to you, what you truly value, and go from there. What is poker to you? Is poker the be-all end-all?