View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: How do I put in more hours/week. (Long/Introspective)

You need to examine why you aren't playing enough hours. Somehow, that is completely absent in this thread. Are you not playing at all on many days? Averaging only three days a week where you actually play? Are you playing as many days a week as you think is appropriate, but your average session is too short? If so, is it because you consistently play short sessions, or do the lengths vary a lot but average out to something too small? If you are playing sessions that are too short, why do you stop? Is it because you often start without having eaten first (maybe first thing in the morning) and you need to stop after a couple hours for lunch and then don't get started again? Is it because you procrastinate starting a session and often don't until late at night so you have to quit after a few hours because you are tired and want to sleep? And so forth.

"I'm not playing enough hours/week" is very vague. I think that you should stop thinking in those terms and figure out what the specific problem is and tackle that.