View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Through the eyes of Villain - misplayed on every street?

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I put him on overs and picking up the flush-draw on the turn (any two-broadway with a flush redraw; maybe down to A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9o). I felt I was ahead and if behind bigger pair, there's a 50/50 chance he doesn't have the club redraw plus my 2 tens are live outs against him. If behind a set, my club redraw is nearly 100% live (barring the 9c).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand thinking you're ahead UNTIL HE RAISED YOU. Removing a set/overpair from his hand range is overplaying your hand (even if your club draw is 100% live, you don't have the equity with just that to 3-bet, with or without the 3rd player still in).

[ QUOTE ]
I was more afraid of the calling station already making the flush and 3-bet to put pressure on him to define his hand if villain capped. Being a blind with his numbers, I couldn't rule out an oddball middle pair/two pair or straight draw (78?).

[/ QUOTE ]

As you should have been. And how did that strategy work out for you? Raising (partly) for information on the flop is one thing. Doing it on the turn when there's only one card to come and you want info from a calling station is something completely different...spewing.

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to get headsup against villain and if successful, I think 3-betting the river might be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good idea (getting HU) follwed by a bad idea (3-betting the 4th flush on a four-flush board against an aggro opponent and a calling station still to act behind you).