View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: please read if you played in ub\'s money added tournaments this wee

[ QUOTE ]
It very much seems like they have just one promotional person somewhere completely remote (like Neptune perhaps) coming up with their promotional ideas and sending out e-mails about them to all the players.....but allthewhile making absolutely CERTAIN that nobody else at UB knows anything about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me glad I don't read the promotional e-mails from UB. I was afraid I might be missing out on something, but now I see I'm safe.

By the way, you've just perfectly described the behavior of my department's marketing manager, except he is only mentally on Neptune (he's physically 5 feet away).

He is currently ignoring an e-mail from me that basically says "your draft marketing copy says customers will get X, Y, and Z -- this isn't true -- they will only get X and Z, if they want Y, they have to pay extra for it". I'm pretty sure he is ignoring my e-mail because that is less work than changing his marketing copy.

I suppose this is why the marketing department gets reorganized more often than any other group in the company...