View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: I bet everyone will be focused on PF...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fine with PF. There are so many limpers ahead of you that I don't think trying to make a medium flush is -EV here. I don't think you lose anything by folding, but I don't think you lose anything by limping either.

I'd probably wait to rasie until the turn when your equity will either go way up or way down. Raising the flop does not protect, and while it might be for value now, lots of turn cards could make your flop rasie -value. Wait for the turn, then raise any safe card.

I'm not folding that river, but since I don't want UTG+1 to 3-bet, I'm not raising either. Call the 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate a bit on your suggestion of waiting to the turn to raise?

What I'm confused about is this:

'Raising the flop does not protect, and while it might be for value now, lots of turn cards could make your flop rasie -value.'

If raising the flop is for value (equity advantage) how is it the turn card can directly affect the equity on the flop? By raising on the flop 'for value' you do so with the understanding that sometimes the turn or river is going to screw ya over but in the long term you'll come out ahead.

With at least 5 players in this pot on the flop and you sitting with two pair I can't see how raising the flop cannot be for value.

You also suggest that you should wait until the turn to raise to protect your hand but with the way the tag alongs are trapped between you and the UTG that's betting I don't see how that's going to work either, even if you don't raise the flop on the turn they'll be getting between 7-8:1 pot odds which won't fold any of the stronger draws.

Anyways I don't mean presume you're wrong I'm just not understanding at this point.

Thanks
T