View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Wow. Just . . . WOW. (Sorry, LC)

[ QUOTE ]

Now that's just friggin' depressing. I guess I did get mega-lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you got lucky. As a 6 max player, you understand this more than anyone. Those tables are wild. One day you double up in 15 minutes, the next day you can't hit a flop with your big cards, and your top pairs are getting sucked out on. I'm sure you're a good stud player if you're able to do so well at 10/20 and 20/40 HE. I want to make it clear that I don't think you're a luck box or anything like that. We all know that from session to session, its mostly about luck, but how you end up in the long run is what's important.. blah blah blah...

I've been playing some 6 max HE myself, and to be honest, I find those games rather fishy. I seem to find a lot more "any two will do" types at those tables than I find at the stud tables. To be honest, a fish at the 5/10 stud tables is more along the line of an "any pair" type who doesn't care about his kicker or completions in front. We need to exploit these guys as much as possible, unfortunately we only have slightly less than a 2:1 advantage against them. Where as in hold 'em, you're fishy opponents are usually dominated and are in trouble if they're going to see the river.

In the past week, I've started playing more hold 'em, and I didn't think it would be as easy to find the fish, but it really is much easier. I think that's why you see people like mike emery leaving stud. There are more bad hold 'em players. There are also more experts too. That's not so bad though, you just try and stay out of their way.

Beer