View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: My last real Year of Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Barron -

Did you have a summer job with these guys? Why not at least make the interview rounds in the fall? As other have said your projected advancement rate seems rather fast for the big shops but possibly realistic for a small structure finance boutique. Are securitizations in your future?

[/ QUOTE ]

i definately agree with your points.

i will also make the interview rounds at Bear and Lehman and credit suisse.

but the firm from which i received a tentative offer (yes we want you and will be extending an offer) is a big one. the #1 in deals last year by number (not overall size...i think goldman took that prize). if you are an investment banker i'll give you a hint...its located at 2 world financial center [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i did not, however, have a summer job w/ them. I had a day long interview in May before my summer and just called them back to tell them my school is starting up and that id be interested in continuing the interview process at which point i was told i could expect an offer.

and yes, this is a securitization job. pooling mortgages with the intention of securitizing the cash flows into bond issuances.

-Barron