View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: A post about the first two cards

simply a suggestion as this thread has been recently revived and thankfully newer players that missed it the first time will be able to read it (which i just found i toggled as a favorite [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

a suggestion (and possibly an obvious one) to players wondering "Greg says to stop open-limping and raising hands in late position, but i don't know which ones":

search the forums for the 6-max starting hands and blind defense charts to get the idea of the hand ranges and positions. adjust as you feel comfortable to your opponents and your postflop play abilities.

DO NOT feel like you HAVE to do exactly what the chart indicates, but as you feel you want to. Maybe sometime you're running hot and up gobs of money and decide to give it shot. But know in these late positions: it is raise or fold time with the marginal hands and this is not debateable. It is not "i'm not comfortable raising, so i'll limp" -ERRR, wrong.

Those charts will give you at least a good, solid stepping stone in figuring out what to do at these tighter tables and more aggressive blind stealers.