View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: QQ vs. Half the table

Very nice analysis, W.

1. I've never been a big "go for a checkraise on the flop after putting in the last be pre-flop" guy. I do like to consider it from time to time. If nothing else, doing it helps disguise the times I check the flop in ep after raising intending to peel for one bet (or check intending to fold.) Anyway, I decided not to because the original raiser was on my left, and maybe he'd be nice and raise me with a hand I was beating.

2. I strongly considered bet-fold. It might have been a better plan. Instead, I did a partial concession and decided to let the action convince me. I was planning on probably folding (a lot of the time it's going to be a bet and raise before it gets back to me), but instead I was almost closing the action and getting better odds than I expected. (Although not quite there, as you pointed out.) I unfortunately did not have a plan for if it was checked around to a late position guy who bet. That was the worst-case scenario for my turn plan, as it didn't clarify if I was behind.

3. I was going to play the river by ear when I called the turn. The king convinced me to fold, although I almost changed my mind when UTG+1 checked the river. I suspect I would have called the river if it wasn't a heart, jack, king or ace (and it wasn't raised.)