View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Wow. Just . . . WOW. (Sorry, LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

That actually surprises me quite a bit, but you guys are the ones who have put the hands in, not me. With play as bad as I saw, I have a tough time imagining that one couldn't win 3-4BB/100, but from what you say it's probably just that these were the fishiest of the fishiest and I was simply in the right place at the right time.

I have been skeptical of these claims as well - while I don't purport to be an expert, I do see certain regulars on party that are almost always winning players. Maybe 1 day I'll care enough to keep track of my winrate. I feel the same as you do Grisgra: I don't see why a solid player multi-tabling 5-10 couldn't make a decent 4-5BB/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

But who makes this 4-5BB/hr out of these "certain regulars", grb? I know you've played a lot of 5-10 through 20-40 stud on party with me before, you know all the regulars just like many of us, the big winners, the big losers. On the stud forum we now have some of the best players on party. Of the ones who have tracked extended results it just dosent seem likely anyone is doing it. I know you're a damn fine stud player but 4-5 BB/100 is out of reach over time.

*NOTE: While I say 4-5 isnt possible over time, I'm assuming you are playing in some average games as well as the spectacular ones when several fish are in them. I agree 4-5 BB is possible if you were only to play against the most advantageous lineups. The thing is that these lineups might only occur 15 hrs or so per week. During these times I fully agree 4-5BB/100 or more is possible. But a lot of these "regular winners" are pros and obviouslly have to play much more than 15 hrs per week to make ends meat.

Mike Emery