View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Am I playing poorly? I think I am!

[ QUOTE ]
Let me start by saying I'm new to poker, so keep your flames to yourslef. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, people don't flame others on this board. It's the beginers forum and people usually take that into account when replying.

[ QUOTE ]
I get K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Kn [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 limpers, <font color="red"> Hero raise </font> , <font color="red"> SB </font> BB folds. All but me folds who call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I don't understand this.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , <font color="red"> SB re-raise </font>
Hero calls.

Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Giving me the nut flush.

Hero call, SB re-raise etc, and we cap it.

River is:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villian has 2 5 of diamonds and called a preflop raise, than don't worry about it. This is money that will come back. Just tell yourself villian will be holding your chips for you for awhile and she'll be giving them back with interest.

[ QUOTE ]
Reason I'm asking if I played this wrong is because i've lost 200 BB over 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ] A few things. 1) you may be playing too much poker. How much time do you play each day. 2) 3 days is a very short time in your poker career. Nothing that happens in those three days should upset you.

[ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say I haven't won a single hand in 200-300 hand played in a row. Over the last 3 days I've won maybe 3 hands, total.

[/ QUOTE ]

300 hands is a very small amount and I wouldn't give up playing just because I lost over 300 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I know I play poorly, but even the worst player gets lucky once in a while. Is this a downswing? Is downswings when NOTHING works? No matter how hard you try?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a downswing. Things will work though. Realize that you're in a downswing and that things come around the other side. As for flopping the nut boat, I merrily cap each betting round if someone is lucky enough to hit quads when I make the nut boat.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really confused weather I should play poker at all. I eather suck so bad I'll never get good at it, or I'm the unluckiest guy in the world [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] That is a question only you can answer. You should find the reason why you play poker in the first place and be honest with yourself about the rest.

[ QUOTE ]
Now please don't take this as whining because I'm losing. I don't really care that I'm losing money since I play at the nano limits. I DO care that I don't seem to get any better, but actually get worse instead. I went from $2 to $50 within 30 days playing .05/.10 and now I'm about to be back at $2 really soon.

Was the last month just beginners luck? Is this how bad I really am?

I should add I'm reading this site and SSHE alot.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't know if it's beginner's luck or not but I would have to say you're now in the not-suited-for-TV part of playing poker. You can quit and give it up or keep playing and see if you can learn something, about poker and about yourself.

GL,

Tao