View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Am I playing poorly? I think I am!

Your hand is a little hard to read. I'm assuming you meant you had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Then on the turn you said you got the nut flush. I don't get it, If you had pocket K's you wouldn't have hit the flush until the river. Also, do you mean to imply that you lost the hand? How? I don't see any possibility of that unless he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the straight flush.

Anyway, I think your bigger question isn't so much about this hand but on downsings, whether you're good or not, etc... In short, you probably aren't that good, but neither am I and neither are the vast majority that play. However, you're reading SSH, posting/reading here, and trying to improve. That means, even though you may be lousy, you're probably better than many of your opponents (most certainly at that level). Remember, we make most of our money by the mistakes of the others at the table. The first steps are to eliminate your own mistakes and learn to punish the mistakes your oppponents make. If you keep studying and playing you will do that. Take heart, try not to let the big downswings get you down, and keep reading/studying. Don't give up the game. Perhaps you should take a short break though and just read for a few days. Make sure you have the basics down (starting hands, odds chart) and maybe play some hands on Turbo Texas Hold'Em or a similar program if you have it. Anyway, I would be interested in your hand if you could clear it up a bit. What do you mean by Kn[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?