View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: plyer decieving weekend at Ultimate Bet

i don't play much at UB in the first place...but it's crap like this that brings me closer and closer to NEVER playing there again (Aruba qualifiers be damned).

You may also have noticed some of their previous promotional stuff this month for 'Win your way to Aruba FOR FREE'.
Well, I would expect this to mean that you can actually play some sort of freeroll to qualify for a satellite to win a seat. Something like that.

But THEIR definition of 'FOR FREE' means that you play their satellite with some sort of bounty.I think it was a 20+2 rebuy satellite with a $100 bounty on one player.
They go on to explain that IF you win the bounty AND THEN also win the seat...well..you are getting back $78 AND you're going to Aruba.

Ummmm...excuse me. This is not the same as winning it FOR FREE.
This is just winning an extra $100 on top of the Aruba package.
If they suddenly decided to give you an extra $100 in the package would that make it 'for free'?? Nope. That would just be some kind of a small overlay.

Putting a bounty out there that one person can win is NOT the same as winning it for free.
I'm paying $22 to enter the thing, aren't I?
How is that free??

This whole 'money-added' nonsense and 'win for free but you have to pay $22 to do it' is REALLY terrible.