View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: This one\'s been bugging me...

Heh, I'd lost a bet with myself on how long it was going to be before you posted this.

This hand is TEXTBOOK as to why position is SO important, and why the draw has all the advantages in PL play.

Its also compounded by the fact that your opponent in this hand doesn't have as much Omaha experience as some of the other players, and could easily have a hand you're crushing. So with that info, i think you have to call the turn as a small set or top two are entirely possible.

Against most opponents I'm going to lead that turn as well since as far as bad turn cards go, the 9 is relatively innocuous.

The only mistake I think is here:

[ QUOTE ]
Getting about 3:1 against a surely made straight and holding one of my FH outs makes it slightly -EV to call, but it was close enough, and it was early enough in the night that I could make a recovery by the end of the night (yes, this is sometimes part of my thought process, stack preservation is a virtue). Furthermore, there is a small possibility that this particular opponent may have a set of 9's and a flush draw, which he would probably play the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is it, is it a 'surely made straight' or is there a 'small possibility that he has a set of 9s' At that point it comes down to maths.

Furthermore, stack preservation is NOT a virtue in a cash game. You make the correct play and reload as necessary.