View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: One week straight

[ QUOTE ]
When I mve next week I am going to start going to meetings. But, I am looking into some more "progressive" types of counseling/meetings. I am not at rock bottom and I don't necessarily agree with all the 12 steps. There are other options out there by profit and non profit groups alike that I am looking into. But, I agree, meetings are very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had a few friends get heavily involved in cocaine and crack (the later was the worst). None of them really had anything in common except for the addiction. But, their reasons were all different. Only one of my 5 junky friends did not make it. And he killed himself (not trying to scare you...just giving you something to think about). I believe that you are at a "crossroad" right now and could go either way. I think some form of help, other than once a week at a shrink is necessary.

I also read your other posts about this subject and it seems that you are using more than other people do in such a short period of time. So, I am going to ask you something personal. And you don't have to answer here. Just something to think about it: Do you want to live? Because if you are just trying to kill yourself by using cocaine, there is no hope in you stopping. But, if you have one ounce of life left, I think you will be okay. Just remember if something happens to you, it won't just be you affected, but your friend's and family. In fact, you really screw everybody but yourself (unless you believe in heaven and hell). I also think you should be open and honest with all the close people in your life. I think that is part of "coming clean". You will scare them, but you will help yourself.

craig

When time comes to claim me my friends and my family will gather around my grave. They'll believe that they knew me and loved me and missed me and all call me by my name--Connor Oberst