View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: SSNL Session analysis, first try

Hand 8: A minor thing, but I raise to $3 preflop here. I use 4xBB + 1xBB for each limper, if you have a different standard, then fair enough.

Hand 9: Chip spew

Hand 26: I really don't like raising preflop from UTG with KTs, fine postflop.

Hand 28: What hands did they have? You should be learning a lot here, UTG leads for half pot on a rag flop after raising preflop. They then bet the same amount on every street. This is usually a (betting pattern) tell of some sort, you should use this opportunity to find out what. CO cold calls on ever street then min-raises the river. Again, it'll be great to know what kind of hand they do this with.

Hand 32: Raising SCs UTG probably isn't generally a good idea, at this level. This is especially true since 3/5 opponents are short stacked, cutting down your implied odds.

Hand 33: Maybe lead out on flop with you flush draw, you've been quiet up to now so people might respect your bet more. Plus that flop has probably missed everyone, and you might just pick it up with 9 high. Button's bet looks like a steal because everyone acted weak. Given that you got to showdown here, look up their hand. If they were making a steal bet, then look for re-steal opportunities later.

Hand 41: Playing small SCs UTG again, not good.

Hand 47: Hmm.. generally I'm not too keen on raising AJo from the blinds. You will create a large pot going to the flop with a hand that is mostly just going to make a (vulnerable) one pair hand and you will have to play from there onwards OOP. As it was you hit a dream flop.

Hand 52: Not keen on raising UTG with QJo.

Hand 56: Depending on reads on MP I might have called the raise here, if I felt MP was the kind of guy who I could destack if I hit a set. Folding is probably better as default play, though.

Hand 61: This is a better position to be raising SCs from than some of your other hands. The only problem I have with it here is that the 3 players left to act in the hand are all short stacked. If they are likely to call, your hand loses a lot of value because you aren't getting the implied odds to hit a big hand. The raise is fine if they are very likely to fold preflop

Hand 82: Folded KJ in unraised pot preflop, with position I might have limped here.

Hand 90: Called a re-raise with QQ. Read specific, really. Not sure what the default play is in the $50s here, but it might be folding to the preflop re-raise.

Hand 93: Limped A9o UTG. I don't like limping weak aces UTG.

Hand 97: This is exactly the kind of hand where session data would be good, but like I said in my other post I found this hard to gather. Your play postflop isn't bad here, but there was probably a more proftiable line.

Hand 106: Hero check-raised 97 on a 2d 7d 7s flop. You defined your hand and let villian get away cheaply. They probably didn't have anything anyway, in this case. Leading out is better here, you might get a call off a flush draw or a medium pocket pair. You'd have been pissed if it had checked around and someone hit a flush on the turn.

Hand 107: Your turn bet is weak. How would you play AK here? Play this hand the same.

Hand 112: Lead into the raiser on that flop

Hand 115: >200bb effective stacks, you fold AJo to a utg raiser. This probably isn't optimal, but it probably keeps you out of tough spots.