View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Poker Season - Critiques & Suggestions Desired

[ QUOTE ]
We've thought of the fact that not everyone can commit to 8 consecutive Wednesday night games, so here's my proposal.

8 Consecutive Weeks (8/31-10/19)

[/ QUOTE ]

How have you adjusted for the fact that not everyone can make every week? Are you going to use best 15, or 20, tourney scores?

[ QUOTE ]
1. Players must announce at beginning of tournament their intention to qualify.
2. Players may opt not to qualify for a tournament – they will earn 0 points.
3. Players, who announce nothing, will be excluded from qualifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ours is slightly different. We run a tournament, sometimes 2 concurrently, each month. You always earn tourney points, but only if you pay $3 when you buy in do your points "qualify" for the special end-of-year tourney (ours is scheduled for the end of Sept)
I keep track of everyone's points- extra $3 qualifiers and those who don't- for an end-of-the year award on best tourney performance.
For the year-end tourney, all of the $3 fees are added to the prize pool generated by the buy-ins for the special tournament.

[ QUOTE ]
1. All players who earn points make the final tournament.
2. At the end of 8 weeks, each point earned will translate into $25 in chips (for example 28 points=$700 in chips, 80 points=$2000 in chips).

[/ QUOTE ]

Each tourney point in ours is worth T180. The lowest total get chips added to make their starting stack T10,000. The same amount is added to all of the other stacks as well.
I did that so those who only make a few tournaments still have an incentive to buy in. The largest stack will only be around 5 1/2 x the smallest- rather than having a 22:1 deficit.

[ QUOTE ]
Final Tournament
2. Seats and Button will be drawn at Random (by drawing cards).
3. Tournament purse will consist of all qualifying money.
4. Final payout will be determined by how many players qualify for the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do it as a freeroll. I wanted to make the prize more significant than our regular tourney prize pools.
I will be trying to balance the chip total at the tables as best as I can, for the start. I thought that would put the lower stacks at less of an overall disadvantage. Moving seats during the tourney, to balance tables, will be random.

Let us know how yours turns out.