View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Question for AC locals: whats the 411 on Brigantine?

[ QUOTE ]
My wife has been angling for us to rent a vacation house this fall/winter. She's happy to stay in a beach town off season, as her principal reason for wanting one is to get out of NYC more regularly. She mentioned the Hamptons, but I immediately thought of Brigantine, even though I've never been there. Atlantic City is an absolute dump, but would my wife like Brigantine in the fall? She's looking for some place with beautiful views of water/beach/nature etc., a nearby Starbucks, a few decent places to eat, but absolutely no crack whores, winos, AC degenerates, etc. Is it worth checking out Brigantine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed there on one of my AC trips and agree that it is a nice, quaint little beach town. The scuzz of AC (pawn shops, EZ loans, vagrants) has not spread to Brigantine Beach yet.

FYI in a Wall Street Journal article a few months back, Brigantine Beach was listed as one of the top 10 hottest real estate markets in the country. Thus, I imagine that rental prices will be a bit higher in Brigantine than in the surrounding areas.