View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:14 AM

Default This one\'s been bugging me...

Live $1/$2 PLO

I am in EP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-J-x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I open raise the max to $7. I get called by two MP players. I start the hand with about $400 and I have them both covered, their stacks are $250ish each.

Flop comes A-J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $25, they both call. Pot $100ish.

Turn is an offsuit 9. I bet $80, MP1 pushed all in for his last $120 or so on top. Folds to me.

Getting about 3:1 against a surely made straight and holding one of my FH outs makes it slightly -EV to call, but it was close enough, and it was early enough in the night that I could make a recovery by the end of the night (yes, this is sometimes part of my thought process, stack preservation is a virtue). Furthermore, there is a small possibility that this particular opponent may have a set of 9's and a flush draw, which he would probably play the same way.

----------------------------------------------------------

There's probably a better line to playing this hand from this position. Checking the turn may have been a better play, keeping the pot relatively small and calling, hoping to fill up on the river. If I miss, I can fold.

Thoughts?

PG