View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: What is the longest period of time that you\'ve ever slept for?

I did a full 23 hrs. once. It was a 5 day canoe trip in the boundary waters. That's in northern Minnesota on the Canadian border. We ran into a few storms and ended up having to portage quite a bit more than usual. After getting back to the trucks the goal was to drive the gunflint trail and then head south and grab a late lunch in Duluth and then head south to the Twin cities. Well my genius of a buddy decides he can cut some time off by going some shortcut that was really nothing more than early 1900s logging roads. We Buried a truck and a jeep in 3 feet of mud and had to hike to a lodge and get someone to help us out. This cost us a ton of time and energy.

So we end up in Duluth at 9pm instead of 1-2pm. I parked my truck at the radisson. Skipped the 'late lunch'. I checked in and ordered room service, ate half a steak and potato, had a shower and was asleep by 10:30 or so. Woke up 9:30pm the next evening. There were a couple of drowsy, sleepy trips to the bathroom, but other than that ... total slumber for 23 hours. The [censored] genius doesn't get to navigate anymore if I'm on a trip.