View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Wired Gets Taken For a Ride

The article is a load of rubbish. But I do always love the drama that Wired puts in.

I looked at WinHoldEm a couple of weeks ago from a purely skepticle point of view. After browsing the forums for a while I found that NO ONE was making a profit, atleast no more than a couple of cents, and if they were, then this fact certainly wasn't being shared around.

The thing about being able to catch WinHoldEm uses is rubbish. They have a very simple but effective program set up, 'WinPP' which basically uses a second computer to view the screen of the first computer (which is running the bot). I cannot see how this could be detected.

Overrall, we're none the wiser about the extent to which bots are profitably playing online poker!

Besides, there's a very simple question that must be asked. If these bots are so good, why are they being sold?

WinHoldEm sounds like just the Input and Output of the bot, with no processing between. That's left up to the poor users who spend money on this bot, and then have to work on the intelligence themselves. These people were intelligent enough to buy an online poker bot, so I don't think they're intelligent enough to make a profitable one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]