View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: I played really bad last night.......

If you're not sure, err on the side of tight and fold.

First off, you don't really mention where the initial raise is coming from position-wise in the first 2 nor the type of raiser and coldcallers in between. Until you really know that...

The 99, if I'm playing that, I'm 3 betting. Put another CC in between and I could maybe go for the CC. After 3 betting, if it's not capped, you may not be in that bad of spot as it usually takes AA and KK out of the equation which will lean it more towards overcards against you for the raiser.

KQs: Where was the raiser? In EP, muck, in LMP or later or very loose raiser in EP, (player depending) 3 bet it. With no one in between CC it's usually 3 bet or fold. Then it's a matter of the persons standards for his raise.

QT: Real tempting. You know you'll likely get 4 opponents. Figure the BB coming along. However, usually an MP raise after a limper is a stronger hand than an Open MP raise. With this, you have to factor in the initial limpers hand. But more-so, the coldcaller in betweens hand. That is usually stronger than the limpers. If these guys, especially the CC standards are a little tighter, some of your outs are gone and it's an uphill battle. I wouldn't say it totally sucks because if this was a very light raiser and a loose enough table, I can see coming in with it. Against a typical raiser and such, I'd likely fold. You're really not in position to jam a draw in relation to the raiser and the other players so value betting a good draw on the flop is reduced.

b