View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: White Sox Winner!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By your own description, you have to consider them the favorite in the AL at this point, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they play Bos, NYY, and possibly even ANA, they will not be favored. I am not saying they won't be good bets, because I don't know the lines, but they won't be favored. And I am saying this knowing they will most likely have HFA (unless they really screw it up).

craig

p.s. I can't stand the yankees and really don't like ANA very much, so I am not using any type of fan bias here. But, I think if they play boston (which I am a boston fan) they will be bigger dogs than vs. any other team. And in fact, that is the team i hope that Boston plays. I don't think they are a horrible team, but I also don't think they are as good as their record shows. And if there is any factor of luck that is more than apparent, it is in the one run games, which they are 27-15. And truthfully, their record is not THAT much better than the other AL division leaders.
craig

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't argue with this -- I hope the rest of the AL stays in the dark. If a dominant record in one run games is a sign of luck, so be it. Let's just say they're the luckiest team 30 games over .500 in the history of baseball.

I guess we'll see in the playoffs. One thing we both seem to agree on is who we'd like to see as our first round opponents. Since we can't face an AL Central opponent in the first round, Boston would be my first pick. Good luck.