View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: White Sox Winner!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the white sox will not win a post season series, assuming the get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you deny the awesomeness of their 1-4 punch
El Duque (2.5 ERA in postseason), Buerhle, Garland, Garcia.

[/ QUOTE ]

the white sox winnign a series (or the whole WS) has less to do with theier starting pitching and more to do with how lucky they are (bloop hits, fly balls that stay in the park, streakiness of hitters)

That goes for every team, some have a better chance to win than others (Stl>Chicago>SD etc) but when 'good' teams play a short series, variance rules supreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky? That's ridiculous. Absolutely pathetic. You seemed smarter than this. Bloop hits? Don't comment on things you don't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think variance plays a huge part in the playoffs? Since you are so convinced that the White Sox have not gotten very lucky throughout the whole season, lets place a bet on whether they will even win a series. I think they will not win a series in the post season; whether they play Boston, Anaheim, New York Yankees, or Oakland in the first round. You name the amount. I will do anything $150 or less. And at this point I will do even money. But, the longer we wait, the less likely I will be willing to do this (because the longer the season goes on, the more likely it will be they will be a favorite..unless they play Boston or NYY..then they will be dogs..with or without the HFA).

craig